Midday Friday, Sept. 16, is the deadline to seem in subsequent week’s “Round City” itemizing. We should obtain your occasion in writing with a contact telephone quantity for questions. As a result of variety of submissions, occasions could run just one time in print, will probably be edited and seem within the week earlier than the occasion date.
E-mail: way of email@example.com. Mail to: Highland Information Chief Round City, Belleville Information-Democrat, P.O. Field 427, Belleville, IL 62222-0427. Questions, name Jennifer Inexperienced at 618-239-2643.
Wednesday, Sept. 14
▪ Nationwide Lively and Retired Federal Staff (NARFE) Alvin G. Bohley Chapter 1019 — 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Golden Corral, 3360 Inexperienced Mount Crossing Drive, Shiloh. Should buy buffet of soda/espresso solely. Topic is latest FEDCON22 held in Arizona, adopted by assembly. All lively and retired federal staff are welcome to audio system/conferences held the second Wednesday of every month apart from Might and December socials. NARFE stays the go-to useful resource for the federal group. For data, contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org or name 618-795-5174.
Thursday, Sept. 15
▪ Highland Thursday Night time Reside Live performance Collection: Trilogy Band — 7 p.m. Downtown Sq., Highland. Get pleasure from stay leisure on Thursday evenings. Be at liberty to carry your personal garden chair(s), blanket, cooler, and so forth., and benefit from the present. The Lions Membership will probably be promoting brats, pork burgers and hen sandwiches. highlandil.gov
Friday, Sept. 16
▪ Aviston Legion Fish Fry — 4:30-7 p.m. American Legion Submit 1239, 601 S. Clinton, Aviston. Cod (baked or fried), catfish, shrimp, hen strips, fries, baked potato, slaw, applesauce. Dine-in and carryout. 618-228-7311 or avistonlegion.com.
▪ Philip Fortenberry — 7:30 p.m. Hettenhausen Heart for the Arts, 400 N. Alton St., Lebanon. As a flexible artist whose type encompasses a variety of musical genres, Philip Fortenberry is a performer with an equally expansive profession. Philip was the pianist and Affiliate Conductor for the Broadway musical Rocky, the place he additionally obtained the inaugural “Ghostlight Award” as Finest Musician on Broadway. For tickets and information: 618-537-6863 or thehett.com.
Saturday, Sept. 17
▪ Missouri Botanical Backyard Inexperienced Residing Pageant — 10 a.m. to five p.m. Missouri Botanical Backyard, 4344 Shaw Blvd., St. Louis. The Missouri Botanical Backyard’s annual Inexperienced Residing Pageant is returning in particular person as a sequence of pop-up occasions at establishments all through the center of St. Louis. The “Summer time of Sustainability” sequence invitations guests to have interaction with specialists at these occasions all through the summer time in a day of studying and exploring concepts for sustainable life. Entrance to the Inexperienced Residing Pageant is included with common entry to the Missouri Botanical Backyard. Free for Backyard Members. Free St. Louis Metropolis and County resident admission until midday. 314-577-5100 or mobot.org/greenlivingfest.
▪ Metro East Humane Society’s Woofstock 2022 — 11 a.m. to three p.m. Triangle H. Farm, 2082 S. Moreland Street, Edwardsville. This 12 months’s theme is “Stick It to The Man for Man’s Finest Good friend.” The proceeds from this family-friendly occasion will profit the homeless animals that MEHS serves. Contains stay music, demonstrations, meals and extra. Price: $10 per particular person or $30 per household. mehs.org
▪ Avenue Artwork Pageant — 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Highland’s Downtown Sq., Highland. Carrying on a convention began centuries in the past, this annual pageant will flip the streets of downtown Highland into a short lived artwork gallery. Features a avenue artwork competitors, luggage match, youngsters korner, stay music, foods and drinks and extra. highlandillinois.com
▪ Sausage Supper — 3-7 p.m. Evangelical United Church of Christ, 2520 Poplar St., Highland. Drive-thru solely. Dinner is $12 and contains 1-pound sausage, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and gravy, inexperienced beans, apple pie. 618-654-7459.
Tuesday, Sept. 20
▪ Dad and mom of Addicted Cherished Ones — 7-8:30 p.m. On-line through Zoom. The PAL group supplies training, assist and hope to relations and family members of somebody who has an habit of substance use dysfunction. Free and open to all. For information or to hitch the Zoom assembly, contact Craig at 618-567-6095. palgroup.org
Different space happenings
▪ Highland Space Colleges Alumni Affiliation Corridor of Fame Induction Ceremony & Breakfast — 9 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 24. Highland Excessive College Commons, 12760 Troxler Ave., Highland. Reservations for breakfast required by Sept. 15. Price: $11 per particular person. The general public is invited to attend the ceremony. For ticket data or to make a reservation please contact Mary Frey, Board Secretary, at 618-772-9530 or email@example.com.
▪ HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital – Highland Drive-Via Well being Honest — By appointment 6-11 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 5. Highland-Pierron Fireplace Division, 12611 Iberg Street, Highland. Contains complete blood screenings, prostatic-specific antigen screenings, hemoglobin A1C and vitamin D screening. Please put on short-sleeved shirts and coats which can be simply eliminated to make the method simpler. These eager to attend should register for an appointment on-line at stjosephshighland.org/healthfair earlier than Sunday, Sept. 25. There are restricted spots obtainable and on-site registration is not going to be accepted. If unable to register on-line, name 618-651-2739 for help.
▪ Neighborhood Hyperlink sixteenth annual Buddy Stroll — 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 8. Northside Park, North tenth Avenue, Breese. Be a part of Neighborhood Hyperlink as we unite for a typical trigger and lift funds on the annual Buddy Stroll. Whether or not you’ve got Down syndrome, know somebody who does, or simply wish to present your assist of individuals with developmental disabilities, take step one and donate or register immediately! Assist us unfold the phrase; all are welcome for our day of celebration. For more information or to register: commlink.org.
▪ Southern Illinois Builders Affiliation Scholarship Software — Deadline: Friday, Nov. 4. The Southern Illinois Builders Affiliation is accepting purposes for scholarships with the next necessities:
Candidates should be pursuing a level within the subject of building administration/building associated engineering/structure;
Have a cumulative grade level common of three.0/4.0;
Submit a private advice from particular person unrelated to the applicant;
Planning to enroll as a full-time pupil and preserve full-time pupil standing (12 hours minimal) — part-time college students working full-time within the building business will probably be awarded partial awards (written verification from full-time employer required);
Present proof applicant is expounded to a person employed full-time by an SIBA member agency for no less than 4 years (written proof required);
A typewritten report of no less than 500 phrases on profession objectives and occasions skilled that made them determine to pursue a profession within the building business. Essay high quality will probably be judged.
To acquire an entire record of necessities for the SIBA scholarships, please contact Donna on the SIBA workplace 618-624-9055 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.